The New Testament on Jesus
THE NEW TESTAMENT
“not like these is the portion of Jacob”.
The various churches of Christianity, each claiming to have the truth, differ on the nature of Jesus. What does the so-called new Testament say on this matter?
1. “Believe me that I am in the father, and the father in me!” John 14:11
Here, Jesus is one of two equal “persons” comprising a two-in-one godhead, to which orthodox Christianity adds a “holy ghost” to form the renowned “trinity”. “Father” and “son” are “inside” each other, but are “separate” persons (a great mystery!).
2. “For in him (Jesus) dwelleth ALL of the Godhead bodily!” Colossians 2:9
This means, in plain language, that the One Creator of Heaven and Earth came as a “man” to walk among men. No trinity no duality! One God, in the flesh! Jesus, (see also Timothy 3:16)
3. “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Jesus Christ: who, being in the FORM of God, thought it not robbery to be EQUAL with God!” Philippians 2:5-6.
Here we are told that Jesus was NOT God, but was EQUAL to God! Two deities, equal and of similar form, God and Jesus.
4. “For my Father (God) is GREATER than I!” John 14:28.
Here we are told that God and Jesus are NOT equal: the Father is GREATER than Jesus!
5. “That they may know Thee, the ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.” John 17:3.
Here we are told that the Father is the ONLY true God, and Jesus merely a messenger!
6. “And Jesus answered and said unto him (satan), get thee behind me, satan: for it is written, thou shall worship YHVH thine Almighty, and Him ONLY shalt thou serve (Deut. 10:20)” Luke 4:8.
Here, Jesus tells satan, who has offered him all power in return for his obeisance, that he (Jesus) cannot worship any but YHVH, according to the Law.
7. “And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, ‘my God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me’? Matthew 27:46.
Here we see Jesus, forsaken by God, in agony on a Roman cross. (For an interesting parallel, see Ezekiel 28:1-10).
Confusion, dense, dark confusion! The authors of the new Testament, writing for various groups, of various backgrounds, at various times, presented Jesus as a god to the pagan gentiles; as a Davidic “Messiah” to the Jews; as a dying and resurrected god-man to the gnostic mystery cultists.
Many Christian theologians today are searching for what they call the “real Jesus”, or the “historical Jesus”. Their search is in vain! The ONLY JESUS there is, (or was), is the Jesus created by the authors of the GraecoRoman “New Testament”. This imaginary personage came to be worshipped by the Church as a “god in the flesh”, incarnate deity! As such, Jesus belongs in the category described by the Prophet of YHVH: “Shall a man make unto himself gods, and they are no-gods?!” Jeremiah 16:20. What is the fate of such no-gods? “Thus shall ye say unto them: the gods that have NOT made the heavens and the earth, THESE SHALL PERISH from the earth, and from under the earth! “Jeremiah 10:11.
Dear reader, are you worshipping such a no-god? Are you worshipping a PERISHED “saviour” who could not save even himself from such a cruel death and punishment as the crucifixion was?
COME TO YHVH, THE ONLY TRUE DEITY, SAVIOUR, AND KING, TODAY AND SAVE YOUR SOULS ALIVE!!
submitted by: Mordecai Alfandari